Thursday, February 13, 2014

Craft Stall

My first craft stall was put up over the weekend at an apartment for an event they were hosting. I had mixed feelings about putting up the stall. It was the first time ever I was going to put my items out in the display for the public to see. But it went well. I didn't make much sales though. Yet I got to learn a lot, met lots of new people, got my contact across to many, and so on.

The stall was up by the time I was at the venue and the sun was right on top. A friend was helping me out. We put out the items on display. We spent quite a lot of time hanging stuff, pinning, re-pinning, rearranging, viewing, discussing, and so on. Finally, everything was spread out and it actually looked pretty. I was a little nervous too.

Around evening people started dropping in. Some just passed by, some came and took a look, and few others looked at each item. People who were interested in colorful stuff and handicrafts spent time at my stall. They went through each item. Asked me the price, time involved to create, yarn type, and so on. And some who were knowledgeable about the craft enquired more.

Almost everybody made it a point to take my card (hubby was happy about that as he had designed it ;-)). We were at the stall till night. I wouldn't say it was a great event. But yes, I finally got a platform to display my stuff. And the best thing, I completed many unfinished stuff which had been lying around for a long long while. Especially the Big Pink Blanket. Looking forward to many more such events in the future.

1 comment:

nsangheetha said...

Wow.. Great Going.
With a job and daughter and crafting, you are doing wonderful.